For Students Starting Classes Between July 1, 2012 and June 30th, 2013.
Students starting classes before July 1st, 2013 must complete the 2012/2013 FASFA application based on your 2011 tax forms. Fill out the forms in Step 5 of the FA Application Process section.
For Students Starting Classes After July 1, 2013.
Students starting classes after July 1st, 2013 must complete 2013/2014 FASFA application based on your 2012 tax forms. Fill out the forms in Step 5 of the FA Application Process section.
For Students Renewing Their Financial Aid.
Students renewing their Financial Aid must complete the 2013/2014 FASFA application based on your 2012 tax forms. Fill out the forms in Step 5 of the FA Application Process section.
If you DO NOT plan to apply for financial aid, you must complete the FA Refusal Form.
PLEASE NOTE: You must either apply for Financial Aid or complete the Financial Aid Refusal Form.
Financial Aid Process
1. Complete your 2011 Federal Tax Return. (Only 2012/2013 class starts)
Complete your 2012 Federal Tax Return. (Only 2013/2014 class starts)
2. Determine your Dependency status (CLICK HERE) to verify if you must include your parent's information when applying for Financial Aid.
3. Apply for your PIN at www.pin.ed.gov, so you can complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
4. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Contact our office to obtain a paper FAFSA if needed.
Time Table for Filing FAFSA Federal Tax Returns
|If you submitted your Federal Taxes:||You can complete your FAFSA Report:|
|E-Filed your Federal Taxes||Once Confirmation has been received|
|Mailed in a copy of your Federal Taxes||6-8 weeks after taxes are submitted|
*We strongly recommend that you import your Federal Tax information from the IRS. (Click here to see a screenshot of the FAFSA import web page.)
**If you choose not to, or are unable to import your Federal Tax Return into your FAFSA form, you must provide a transcript of your return. Transcripts must be requested from the IRS at http://www.irs.gov or call (800)829-1040.
5. Please complete the Financial Aid forms below where applicable.
|School Specific Forms||
|Financial Aid Information||2012/13 Financial Aid
| Financial Aid Information Form
|Parent Specific Form (If Applicable)||Parent Plus Pre-Application||Parent Plus Pre-Application|
If Requested by the
|If Requested by the
Financial Aid Office
***The Department of Education may select your FAFSA for verification. If this occurs, our office will contact you to request the required documentation.
Receive your Financial Aid Award Package
1. Your Financial Aid Award package will summarize aid eligibility and include the documents needed to secure this aid.
2. Complete and return all necessary forms in your Financial Aid package, You must e-sign the Student Loan Promissory Notes and complete Entrance Counseling online at StudentLoans.gov.
3. If there is a remaining tuition balance after Financial Aid is applied, several options are available to address a balance. These include:
• Monthly and quarterly payment plans
• Private Alternative Student Loans
• Parent PLUS Loans
*REMINDER! In order to receive your Financial Aid, the school must have a copy of your final High School Transcript.
Apply for Scholarships
1. There are thousands of scholarships available to help you pay for college, and best of all, they're free money! You may apply for scholarships at any time, even after you enter college!
2. For a list of possible resources, check out our Scholarships page.
Once you have completed your application forms and have gathered your documentation, please fax, mail or email your application packet to the Office of Financial Aid at:
Ohio Technical College
Attn: Financial Aid Office
1374 East 51st Street
Cleveland, OH 44103
NOTE: **It is strongly recommended that you have your financial aid and payment arrangements finalized at least 30-days before beginning classes.**